Camera Module Qmix CAM
Microfluidics - Zoomed in
Transmitted Light and 200x Magnification
The new Qmix CAM USB compact microscope module lets you display microfluidic processes on your monitor – live and in color, with up to 200x magnification, making this module an incredibly practical addition to any Qmix system. The integrated reflected light and transmitted light unit provides optimal illumination for your monitoring needs.
Its features make this module very suitable for visualizing microfluidic processes or lab-on-a-chip processes in the research and training field.
Features & Highlights
Many functions in a small Space
- Microscope with 20x to 200x magnification
- Reflected light (selectable)
- Transmitted light (selectable)
- Image resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels
- CMOS color image sensor
- Ultra-compact design
- Knurled dial for magnification adjustment
- Power supplied through USB connection
- Fully supported by QmixElements software
- Qmix CAM camera module
Camera Module for neMESYS and Qmix Systems
Monitoring and recording Microfluidic Processes
If you need to monitor your microfluidic processes or those in the chip and record them for documentation purposes, the Qmix CAM camera module is your fast and inexpensive solution. It lets you expand any neMESYS or Qmix System to incorporate the ability for optical inspection. The 200x microscopic optics with incident and transmitted light capability lets you monitor very small structures in your microfluidic chips. Our QmixElements software can support multiple camera modules simultaneously, making it possible to monitor several chips in different positions within a process.
Other products you may find interesting
QmixElements Camera Plugin
Record, Analyze, Store
With the QmixElements camera plugin we offer you a complete integration of the Qmix CAM into our QmixElements software. You have access to all camera parameters and can record images, manually or script-controlled, at any time. You can also record videos, manually or from a QmixElements script program.
- Access to all camera parameters (exposure, image sharpness, color…)
- Current live image is always displayed (can be enlarged or moved to a second screen)
- Still snapshot of current camera image at any time
- Script function to automate image capture (e.g. time-lapse videos)
- Manual and script-controlled video recording
- Video builder for the creation of time-lapse videos from previously recorded individual images
Automated image and video recording
Script Functions for Image and Video Recording
With the integrated camera script functions you can automate the recording of images and video sequences and thereby integrate image-capturing capability into your QmixElements scripts. This makes it very easy to set up tasks like hourly image capture or video recording in case of certain events like particular temperature, pressure or flow rate values.
Displaying and Analyzing Images
QmixElements Image Viewer Plugin
The QmixElements image viewer plugin is the perfect addition to the camera plugin. Recorded camera images can be viewed, saved and reloaded at a later time. Using the integrated measuring function, objects in an image, such as compartments, can be measured. Here are some of the highlights:
- Loading and saving of various image formats (PNG, JPG, TIFF…)
- Continuous resizing of images using the mouse wheel
- Convenient navigation within images
- Simple measurement of image objects (units: um, mm, cm, px...)
- Extreme enlargement without pixilation (interpolation)
Creating Time-Lapse Videos
QmixElements Video Builder Plugin
The video builder plugin lets you quickly create a video from images you recorded in the past, for example time- or script-controlled images from the camera or microscope plugin. In this way you can make time-lapse films of very slow microfluidic processes.
One of the highlights of this system is the integrated, optional de-shaker that reliably removes camera shake from the image material.
Laboratory automation platform
The QmixElements software is a comprehensive, plugin-based, modular software solution for the control of all cetoni devices via a common graphical user interface. The software consists of a core that provides the basic features and services, such as the application window, the event log or the tool bar.